After you obtain a license key, you can add it to the vCenter Server license inventory and assign the license key to assets.
§ Verify that you have the Global.Licenses privilege.
§ Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
1. In the vSphere Client, select Home > Administration > Licensing.
2. In the Management tab, select Asset as a primary entity for sorting the license information.
3. Right-click an asset and select Change license key.
4. Select Assign a new license key and click Enter Key.
5. Specify the license key, type an optional label for the key, and click OK.
6. Click OK.
The license key is added to the vCenter Server license inventory and assigned to the corresponding asset. Please remember if vCenter Server is part of a Linked Mode group, the license key is added to the shared inventory of the group