You can use ESXi Dump Collector to configure and dump a host’s kernel core to a network server on the datacenter when the system fails.
ESXi Dump Collector is installed and enabled by default on the VMware vCenter Server Appliance.
ESXi Dump Collector does not support vSphere distributed switches in ESXi 5.0.
ESXi Dump Collector cannot be installed on pre-vSphere5.0 environment.
1. Log in to the VMware vCenter Server Appliance.
2. On the Services tab, click NetDump.
3. Type the port number in the Network Coredump Server (UDP) Port text box.
4. Type the size in the Network Coredump repository max size text box to specify the maximum core dumprepository size in MB.
5. Click Test Settings to verify that your changes are valid.
6. Click Save Settings.
7 Restart ESXi services.