Configure vApp Startup and Shutdown Options in the vSphere Web Client
You can change the order in which virtual machines and nested vApps within a vApp start up and shut down.You can also specify delays and actions performed at startup and shutdown.
Required privilege: vApp.vApp application configuration on the vApp.
1. Right-click the vApp in the inventory and select Configuration > Edit Settings.
2. Click the Start Order triangle to expand the start order options.
3. Select a virtual machine and click the up or down arrow to move the virtual machine in the startup order. Virtual machines and vApps in the same group will start concurrently with each other. The reverse order will be used for shutdown.
4. For each virtual machine, select the startup action for the virtual machine.
5. (Optional) Set the delay for the startup action.
a. Enter a time delay in seconds for the startup action.
b. Select VMware Tools are ready to perform the startup action when VMware Tools has started.
6. For each virtual machine, select the shutdown action for the virtual machine.
7. (Optional) Enter a time delay in seconds for the shutdown action.
8. Click OK.
Configure vApp Product Properties in the vSphere Web Client
Right-click the vApp in the inventory and select Configuration > Edit Settings.
Click the Product triangle to expand the product options.
Set and configure the settings that appear on the summary page of the virtual machine.