If you create an LSI Logic virtual machine and add a virtual disk that uses BusLogic adapters, the virtual machine boots from the BusLogic adapters disk. LSI Logic SAS is available only for virtual machines with hardware version 7 or later. Disks with snapshots might not experience performance gains when used on LSI Logic SAS, VMware Paravirtual, and LSI Logic Parallel adapters.
1. Select a virtual machine.
2. In the VM Hardware panel, click Edit Settings.
3. Click Virtual Hardware.
4. Click the triangle next to the SCSI controller to expand the SCSI controller options.
5. Select a SCSI controller type from the Change Type drop-down menu.
The vSphere Web Client displays information about what will happen if you change the controller type. If you have selected a controller type that is not recommended for the virtual machine’s guest operating system, a warning is displayed.
6. Select whether to change the controller type.
a. Click Change Type to change the controller type.
b. Click Don’t change to cancel the change and keep the original controller type.
7. Click OK.